Why would I choose St. Michael's?
- Do I join St. Michael's because it is a challenging test of golf?
- Despite hosting Professional and elite Amateur events the course record is only 67. Having some of the the best Australian PGA Members playing the Meriton Invitational the best score at St. Michael's was only 69.
- Do I like a progressive approach to course development and operations?
- Holes 6 - 9 have had a make over, with members and visitors alike praising the alterations. A new maintenance facility to look after our staff and ensure we are compliant, new gps club car carts, a head chef and sous chef that our function guests rave over and 17 of 18 holes covered with new couch grass.
The club employed Russell Fletcher as the Course Superintendent in October 2012. Russell comes to our Club with 30 years experience and was previously the Superintendent at The Lakes Golf Club from 1999 - 2012.
- Or is it simply the great location?
- Where else in Sydney can you play golf on a championship course with magnificent ocean views, not see a road or hear a car, no plane flyovers or routing, protected Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub with so much natural beauty and occasional wildlife.
Add the whale migrating north and south, basically at the doorstep of the main clubhouse verandah viewing.
St. Michael's is one of the few established golf courses that has fast tracked its position to the top 50 courses of Australia.
" The golf course has been transformed from mostly kikuyu fairways, to the purest couch grass. With current course enhancements soon completed, our Members and Guests are excited about playing this majestic golfing terrain"Jeff Wagner
Former Australasian PGA Touring Professional & PGA Member
Please forward interest to Jeff Wagner (General Manager):
|St. Michael's Golf Club
Attention: Jeff Wagner
P.O. Box 375